|One of the perks of Leap Day: a free ride on the Navy Pier ferris wheel. |
If you're anything like me and enjoy amusement park rides and places that teem with screaming small children,
this Leap Day freebie is quite a boon.
There are 1,461 days until the next Leap Day in 2016, and a few businesses are giving away some cool deals to help you celebrate this calendar rarity.
Thanks to help from the RedEye, here are some deals around Chicago (and the internet) today:
- "Free Cookie Day" at Subway
- Dunkin Donuts is selling donuts for 29 cents (don't tempt me with those sprinkles and glaze, you jerks)
- 1 in 10 diners gets a free meal at Mercadito (up to $50)
If you're more interested in experiences than growing plump (like Snooki is about to), today you can also enjoy:
- free ferris wheel rides at Navy Pier (pairs well with the $2.90 cent drafts at Harry Caray's that are also available today)
- free admission at the Museum of Science and Industry
- returns on today's Zappos.com purchase until next Leap Year
It's also 60 degrees and sunny in the Windy City (what?!), so go on and play hooky. You can have your cookie (or donut) and eat it, too.